Monday, June 17, 2013

Couple of Grey Guys

Hey, I think I'm finally getting back into the swing of blogging it up again, now for attempting smaller portion sizes (hah, yeah right).  So I just had another great ride on Bridger, it is giddy stuff to go from not liking his brain even one bit to really really enjoying rides on him.  He has this new chill attitude that allows for meanders around the field and loose rein trotting, suddenly instead of seeming hollow behind the eyes he feels like a kick ass 4 year old.
Whodathunkit?
Aero is also doing great!  His trot lengthenings are exquisite and he is light and balanced, I wish every horse could do dressage in this manner.  I work towards lightness on every horse I ride, but some are just heavier than others.  Aero is the type of horse on which I can think commands; mind, seat, leg, then hands with him.  Alyssa got some pictures a couple weeks ago, I love the candids!  I always joke that Aero pretends I'm not married, he acts like such a stud and is very possessive over me.  One time I was riding a rather rank horse (and by that I mean: rearing/bolting/bucking for every upward or downward transition) in the arena next to Aero's pen and Aero was rearing and spinning and whinnying/screaming, when the ride had calmed down he went back to his hay.
*the rank horse I was riding eventually got reliable enough for his amateur owner to ride:)
I just discovered
Pixlr express (for photo edits), love!

Those ears

Trit trot

True love

So handsome

3 comments: