Monday, September 15, 2014

No show?

So Saturday morning I rolled out of bed at 5:15, was to the barn by 6:15 and fed and finished loading stuff in the truck and trailer.  I caught up Diva and fed her grain and threw on a cooler for the trailer ride as it was a chilly 44 degrees.  She loaded up like a pro even though it was still dark out and the trailer looked like a black hole.  Then I hopped in the truck, it was dead.  GAHHHH!  When I say dead I mean dead, no lights no nothing.  At that point Diva started banging around in the trailer for who knows what reason (I'd used up my 30 second window to start the rig moving).  I walked back and pulled some hay for her to eat out of the hay bag as she seemed to think it was scary.  Upon seeing the hay she lunged forward to EAT ALL THE THINGS, including the end of my finger.
Great sunrise though
It is a good thing there are no close neighbors out there because I was rather loud.  Possible bad words, possible crying due to the frustration of the whole situation, not my best moment.  Anyways I ran to the tackroom and doused my finger with vetricyn (good choice amIright).  There was blood EVERYWHERE, but I did miss my tan breeches so yay!  After I composed myself, I called the guy that was going to show Diva, and Alyssa as I was supposed to be on my way to pick her and Bacon up and then unloaded Diva and put her away.  Prisoner's BO offered to haul him or at least let me use their rig, but three strikes and I was out.  My truck was broken, borrowed truck was dead, and my finger was hurting like a MOFO.  I didn't really think that P-diddy's first show should have me at less than my A game with a bum hand.  So I went and cleaned it, wrapped it, got coffee and breakfast, and went to watch the show and root on my friends.  Still fun, just not what I'd planned on.  Finger was feeling much better on Sunday so I did a little dressage school with my favorite blaze face boy, he was fantastic!
Dreaming of Dressage

His extensions are going to be FABULOUS

Hello sweet position and gorgeous horse
Thanks Horselessinhalifax for the pictures!
Finger feels even better this morning, still super ugly, but whatever.  Hoping to do some jumping today or tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. You poor girl, that had to hurt like hell! There will be more shows and, on a good note, Prisoner looks awesome doing dressage! He is definitely a rock star :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH! Sorry about the finger, that's no bueno :(
    I see that P-diddy broke out his fancy pants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh what a bummer - finger injuries are the absolute worst. sorry your plans didn't work out, but i tend to agree about bringing your A game to a first outing with a newbie. Prisoner looks great schooling tho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUCH! That looks painful :( Sorry about your crappy morning, but at least you get to ride the cutest blaze faced pony!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bleh sorry that the pieces didn't all come together but probably a good idea to just stay home and unwind. Hope the finger gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! Bummer about the show, but yay for P-diddy's dressagin'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, that's a really frustrating morning. The good news is that Prisoner just looks better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Probably a good decision to stay home and recover! Prisoner looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy water to the rescue! My first grab always for hurts with blood. ;D
    Sorry you missed the show. You never know - maybe it was better for you not to be hauling or riding that day - everything happens for a reason. Looking forward to next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks very painful, what a crappy morning!! Sounds like you made the right call, sometimes the world just isn't going to let you win. Prisoner does look excellent :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diva!!! Geez! Sorry about the show- but there will be plenty of others! Sometimes the universe just says no.

    ReplyDelete