Sunday, February 8, 2015

Dressage king

Yes, I am referring to Prisoner.  I rode him the other day and we could have gone to a dressage show, ok not quite.  First he did this when I went to catch him.
vroom

After a couple minutes he stopped, walked towards me, and licked and chewed, apparently he just needed a good run around.  He napped while I tacked him up, per usual.
Charlie says hi
Then I got on and our trot started out with him stretching down for laps both ways around the arena.  We had transitions in between gaits and with in gaits.  We could transition from stretching to coming up and back again.  Then the creme de la creme we cantered, we stretched down at the canter, then we transitioned down to the trot and then the walk all the while stretching down!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This can be a big challenge for a lot of ottb's (not all obviously, but many).  I was laughing with my BO about how many ways can I say I love my horse, he's the best.  She responded that I could add that he did all that in howling wind.  That is the truth, he did.  I didn't get any pictures of that particular ride, but just know that he was great.
The skies were amazing that day
Yesterday someone came to look at Diva, they really seemed to get along great!  Keep your fingers crossed that her conversation with her hubby goes well and she buys my beautiful girl!
Incredible morning skies

11 comments:

  1. Your relationship with P is awesome, I completely understand your need to shout his awesomeness from the rooftops. Am so jealous of your snow free pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I keep looking over my shoulder for more snow, but it feels like April!

      Delete
  2. good luck to Diva!! sounds like an exciting ride with Prisoner too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed for Diva! P is da best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find that it helps if you just constantly yell out to everyone to admire your fancy horse as you're riding. Increases morale and all that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol we need to ride at the same barn! Then we can yell to each other about the awesomeness!

      Delete
  5. Ooh, promising news about Diva! I hope she sells :)

    ReplyDelete